Error code 0x80070422: When your computer downloading and installing windows 10 update fails to update the necessary security and features update. Error 0x80070422 trying to explain the cause of windows update fail. Applying below mention troubleshooting methods to fix windows 10 update error 0x80070422.
Windows 10 update fails to install new features and security improvements on your computer. Corrupt registry logs or unstable internet connections explain 0x80070422 error windows 10 update. Below mentioned troubleshooting guides help to improve service status on your computer and fix Windows update errors.
Follow the troubleshooting steps to fix 0x80070422 error windows 10
Mentioned steps support only on windows 10 computer or laptop. Periodically Microsoft lunch new important features and security updates for Windows 10 users. Windows users face error during install new updates on the computer.
Support manual applied on:
Causes of 0x80070422 error window update
- Low drive space.
- Trying to update windows 10 from the guest account.
- Slow Internet Connections.
- External hardware Issue.
- Trying to update using a third-party driver.
- Windows services fail to reach the update server connection.
- Internet proxy setting blocks new windows update installation.
- The network list service was stopped.
- The update registry service log’s value changed.
- Windows product key expired.
- Windows activated from third-party sources.
- Networking connections fail to reach the Microsoft Windows server.
Have issues installed Windows updates? Start here.
Why do we need to updates Windows 10? How much important for users?
New Windows updates release new important features and improve security features for enhancing user interface. Below mentioned some factors to explain why you need to updates your windows computer?
- New features.
- Improve security updates.
- Improve Windows defender antivirus antimalware platform.
- Enhanced Security intelligence.
- Improve user interface.
- Improve control panel settings.
Troubleshooting steps to fix 0x80070422 error Windows 10 update
Update Windows 10 from administrative login account
Are you trying to update your windows 10 from your guest login account? Any system change only possible from an administrative account. This account has full access to all control systems of your Windows computer. Guest account has limited access to your computer for simple uses, any system change not allowed from this account by default.
Check system drive space
- Open this PC from your desktop.
- look how much space on your system main drive (C drive).
- Enough space on your drive then follows the next methods.
- Drive space shows red color its means low system drive space. Follow the below-mentioned steps to free some space on your drive.
Free some space on your system drive using Disk Cleanup
- Type Disk cleanup on your windows search box and hit enter.
- Choose C drive and click on OK.
- Wait for a few minutes once the diagnose complete how much space can be made.
- Choose all unnecessary files and folder and click on delete.
Run System file checker scan from Command Prompt
- Open Command Prompt as admin using the Start button.
- Type sfc/ scannow and hit enter.
- Waits for a few moments once the scan finishes.
- Follow the steps mentioned in your Command Prompt.
Fix Internet from ISP (Internet Service Provider)
- Click on the Internet Speed checker tool and check your internet speed.
- No issue with an internet connection, follow the next methods.
- Having Issue with Internet Speed, Call your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Remove unnecessary external hardware
Please remove external hardware from your computers such as external storage devices or driver, docks, and other external hardware plugged into your computer. External hardware not necessary when updating Windows 10. First, remove all external hardware. Second, try to install updates. If it works on your PC then enjoy hasslefree computing.
Again your Windows 10 updates services fail to install and fix 0x80070422 error update windows 10. Follow the next tips.
Remove the third-party tools or driver
Microsoft Windows updates server fails to connect with any third-party updating service server. The new privacy Of Windows 10 update services was only done on the Microsoft Windows server connection. Follow the mentioned below steps to remove third-party tools.
- Type appwiz.cpl on Windows 10 search box or RUN windows and hit enter.
- Choose Tools from the lists and double click on it.
- Click on uninstall. Then try to install Windows update.
Restart Windows update service
- Type SERVICES.MSC on your Windows 10 search box or RUN windows and hit enter.
- Search Windows update and Windows Update Medic Service.
- Click on restart for each service.
- Close services and try to update windows. Follow the next tips for help 0x80070422.
Disable Ipv6 from network and sharing center
- Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Change adapter setting (Right side of Network and Sharing Center)
- Select a network adapter and right-click on it or double click on it.
- Select properties.
- Uncheck the box for Internet Protocol Version (IPV6) and select OK.
- Close all windows and update your Windows 10.
- Again fail to update, follow the next tips.
Change Startup type from the setting of your computer
- Open Task Manager.
- Choose the Startup tab.
- Disable auto-start high impact program.
- Close the Task Manager.
Repair 0x80070422 Window 10 error using Windows update troubleshooter
- Open Windows update troubleshooter from the Control panel.
- Run the troubleshooter.
- Wait for a few moments once the diagnosis complete.
- Select troubleshoot if error mentioned on Windows.
- Close Windows update troubleshooter and check for updates on your computer.
Download cumulative updates from Microsoft Server
- Visit Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Download update for Windows 10 using KB number. for e.g., KB4501375.
- Choose the download for 32-Bits or 64-Bits Windows 10.
- Downloading start .msu file for update windows 10.
- Install .msu file on your computer using the mentioned steps.
How to install cumulative updates on your computer
- Open Command Prompt as admin using the Start button.
- Type wusa C:\PATH-TO-UPDATE\NAME-OF-UPDATE.msu /quiet /norestart and hit enter in Command Prompt.
- Once the install complete. Enjoy your hassle-free computing.
Unable to fix 0x80070422 error window 10 using the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps. Contact our Live support desk on click Chat Now or email us at email@example.com. Our Online live assistant experts will provide you with COMPLETE FREE SUPPORT @ZERO COST for fixing your Windows 10 Updates.
Why I need an assistant after using the above methods and how it works?
The Assistant needs to fix complex errors on your computer. And this will be done only by Computer Experts. You will live chat on secured HELP DESK and Secured Remote Connection made between you and ANSWER TECH. Remote Support from our source will completely secured and safe for offering services. Our Experts fix your 0x80070422 error Window 10 Update guaranteed with safe and secure ways.
Thanks and Click on Chat now button to connect with our ANSWER TECH.