Microsoft Office activation error 0x80004005 occurs when you try to activate an Office product. In this article, we’ve referred to something briefly that helps you with the fixes. Follow the steps to fix the problems with Microsoft Office.
Usually, 0x80004005 office activation error occurs due to internet problems. First of all, you should check your internet. If there is nothing wrong with the internet, then you should try the listed step to fix the issues.
Error 0x80004005 occur during an Office activation due to potential proxy, firewall, antivirus, or Internet connection issues. Try the following solutions in this order. We’ve listed the most common fixes to this error in the order of what is most likely to resolve the issue. Therefore, try each solution in the order it’s listed until you’re able to activate Office.
Solution-1 Repair Office
- Select Windows search and type Control Panel, then click on Open.
- Select the Program and Features and click on Uninstall a program.
- Search and select the Microsoft Office product from the Uninstall a program window.
- Click Change.
- Select Yes.
- Choose Quick Repair and click on Repair.
- Click on the Close tab.
Solution 2- Get the latest update for Windows 10
- Press Windows Key and I simulatenously to open Windows 10 settings dashboard.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Download and Install Windows 10 update, If available.
Solution 3- Add Net Local Group in Windows 10
If you can’t update Windows right away, you can use this procedure as a workaround. Note that this will only work if you’re a member of the local Administrators group.
- In Windows search box, type Command Prompt.
- Open Command Prompt. (Run as administrator)
- Copy and paste following command and press Enter key. (Copy one command at one time and press Enter after pasting on your Command Prompt window.)
- net localgroup Administrators localservice /add
- fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\
- netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
- Restart your device and try activating Office 365 again.
Solution 4- Temporarily turn off proxy settings
- Click the Start button (lower-left corner), and choose Settings.
- Select Network & Internet, go to the bottom of the selections on the left side and click Proxy.
- In Automatic proxy setup, automatically detect settings or use setup script, by sliding to On or Off.
- In a Manual proxy setup, you can choose to use a proxy server. Generally, it will be off and if you slide it to On, be sure to select Save. And if it was off by default before you turned it on, be sure to slide back to Off when you’ve finished using it.
Solution 5- Temporarily turn off antivirus software
For information about how to turn off your antivirus software, check your antivirus manufacturer’s website. Uninstalling your antivirus software may also help. Don’t forget to reinstall it after Office is finished installing and if you turned it off, be sure to turn it on again.
Solution 6- Temporarily turn off the Firewall
- Press Windows key + R and type firewall.cpl then click OK.
- Select Turn Windows Defender Firewall On or Off from the left pane menu.
- Select Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall and click OK.
Solution 7- Using the SFC scan tool to fix the Office activation error 0x80004005
- Open Command Prompt. (Run as administrator)
- Type sfc/ scannow and press Enter.
- Wait until the scan finished. If any error appears, follow the step to remove corrupt files prompt on the same window.
Solution 8- Registry repair to fix the activation error 0x80004005
Error code 30053-1011 (0) also occurs due to registry corruption or key-value errors. A single key value corruption or change may lead to malfunctioning of the entire Microsoft Office program.
In order to fix Error code 30053-1011 (0), it is required to repair the registry keys and rebuilt the string values. And we request you to back up the registry before initiating the registry repair as the registry is a highly sensitive element of a computer system and it is recommended to be done in the presence of an Online or offline technician.
For more information on the back up of the registry follow the Microsoft kb article 322756.
Follow the steps to repair the registry:
- Open registry editor.
- Delete the preinstalled or older registry key which blocks the installation of the latest version or update.
- Navigate the below keys and delete them.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\11.0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\12.0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\14.0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\15.0
- Also, change the DWORD values in the below keys from 0 to 1 in Office common registry folder.
Conclusion- Office activation error 0x80004005
In this article, we’ve listed above all possible step to fix Office activation error 0x80004005. If the problem yet not fixed, then you can contact support for live assistance. Some of the problems occur device-based issue. Tech will personalize your issue and help you fix it.
Thanks for visiting here. We still love to help you.