Microsoft Office error code 0-2034: How to fix Office 365, 2019, 2013, and 2010 on Windows 10?
Error code 0-2034 occurs when you are trying to install or update Microsoft Office 365, 2019, or 2016 on your Windows 10 PC. “Something went wrong” and “Office couldn’t install” an error message that appears on your Window screen. An Internet connection error could cause Office error code 0-2034 on your PC. Restarting your PC can help you resolve this error. If rebooting your PC didn’t help you the fix, then you should try the listed steps in this article. Follow the blog post solution will help you troubleshoot this problem.
Microsoft Office installs or updates error code 0-2034 also occur due to Click-to-run service, Windows defender firewall exception, Internet proxy change, and corrupt registry files. First, you try to repair your Office apps to fix the common issue with your Microsoft Office. Learn how to repair an Office app. Click here.
If repairing Office didn’t help with the fixes, then try the steps given below to fix the problem.
Fix network connection issues in Windows 10
Error code 0-2034 while installing or updating the Microsoft Office may occur in case of Network or firewall restriction. The network rules or firewall rules in the network/computer may block the installation of the Office program or its updating as a part of their security measurements. These firewall rules and Antivirus are implemented on the computer by the network provider or the computer user on its core system or registry.
You could fix the error code 0-2034 by disabling the firewall or antivirus temporarily or you could fix the error by making creating an exceptional rule for Microsoft Office installation or update.
Step 1: Diagnose and fix network problems using a network troubleshooter.
Follow the steps to access the network troubleshooter on Windows 10:
- Right-click on Start and select Settings.
- Click on the Network & Internet.
- Scroll down to Advanced network settings and click on the network troubleshooter.
- Follow the rest through on the prompt window.
Step 2: Temporary disable the firewall.
Follow the steps to disable the Windows defender firewall on Windows 10:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on the Windows Defender firewall.
- Select “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off”.
- Choose “Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall (Not recommended)” and click on the OK.
Important: Don’t forget to turn on the firewall after fixing the problem with Microsoft Office.
Step 3: Disable antivirus real-time protection.
Follow the steps to disable antivirus on Windows 10:
- Open your installed antivirus on your PC and navigate to settings.
- Find Firewall & Auto protect, then switch to disable.
Try installing or updating Microsoft Office and check if the error is fixed or not?
If the steps didn’t help you with the fixes, follow the next solution to resolve error code 0-2034.
Repair corrupt files to fix error code 0-2034
Error code 0-2034 also occurs in the case of system file errors or corruption. If the error code 0-2034 is occurred due to the system file corruption, it could be fixed easily by the SFC scan. The SFC scan or system file checking scan is the process of replacing or repairing the corrupted copy of system files using the cached copy of the file from the directory.
Step 1: Try the SFC Scan tool
Follow the steps to run the SFC scan command using Command Prompt (Admin) or Windows PowerShell (Admin):
- Open Command Prompt (Admin) or Windows PowerShell (Admin).
- Type ” sfc /scannow” and press Enter.
- Do not close this Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process is finished.
- Type the following command, and then press Enter. It may take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Again, Type the following command, and then press Enter.
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess
Note: Replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows placeholder with the location of your repair source. For more information about using the DISM tool to repair Windows, reference Repair a Windows Image.
For more information: Click here to view Microsoft reference kb article 929833 for sfc scan.
Step 2: Repair the Office apps
Microsoft Office error code 0-2034 will be fixed when the Office repair tool replaces all the corrupted system files. Follow the steps below to run the repair tool to fix the error.
Follow the step to Repair an Office app from the Control Panel:
- Right-click the Start button. (Lower-left corner on your desktop)
- Select Run on the pop-up menu.
- In the search box, type Control Panel and select ok.
- Click the Programs and Features on the Control Panel Window.
- To Repair a program, select Microsoft Office product from the list and click Change.
- In the User Account Control Window, Select Yes.
- First, choose Quick Repair and then click Repair.
Note: If Quick Repair doesn’t work on your computer, then you should try Online Repair. Follow step 1-6 then choose Online Repair and then click Repair.
Here, you should watch the video tutorial on how to repair the Microsoft Office?
Step 3: Repair Corrupt registry files to fix error code 0-2034
MS Office error code 0-2034 also occurs due to registry corruption or key-value errors. A single key value corruption or change may lead to the malfunctioning of the entire Microsoft Office program.
In order to fix the Error, it is required to repair the registry keys and rebuilt the string values. And we request you to back up the registry before initiating the registry repair as the registry is a highly sensitive element of a computer system and it is recommended to be done in the presence of an Online or offline technician.
For more information on the backup of the registry follow the Microsoft kb article 322756
Follow the steps to repair the registry:
- Open registry editor
- Delete the preinstalled or older registry key which blocks the installation of the latest version or update.
- Navigate the below keys and delete them.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\11.0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\12.0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\14.0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\15.0
Also, change the DWORD values in the below keys from 0 to 1 in Office common registry folder.
LicenseServers LicenseServerRedirection AutoExpandDLsEnable PassportAuthProvider
Uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office
If error code 0-2034 is not fixed in registry repair, SFC scan and firewall/antivirus exception, it is required to remove the Office suite completely from the programs and features, and then to reinstall the product for proper use.
Follow the steps given below to fix error code 0-2034 completely.
- Open control panel
- Click on uninstall programs and features
- Search for Microsoft Office in the list.
- Select Microsoft Office and click on uninstall.
- Once uninstalling finished, try running Office Setup to install Microsoft Office.
For more information: Click here to view the Microsoft reference kb article to uninstall a program.
Follow the step to download and install Microsoft Office:
- Open Office My Account
- Log in to your Office account using your registered email ID and password.
- Click on the install Option under the Office product in your account.
- save setup.exe file and click on the Run when setup will download.
- Please sit back and relax until Office installing.
- Click the “Close” tab and enjoy Office apps without any error message.
Please note: If you are trying to install a School or college or company version of the Office suite. Click here to log in to your office account and then follow from step 2.