How To Fix The Microsoft Uninstall Error Code 30180-4
While installing Office 2016 or Office 365, you might end up with the error 30180-4. This will prevent you from installing the Mircosoft Office application. If you run into such an issue, here is a quick guide to help you get through the error in no time.
Ways To Fix Microsoft Office Error Code 30180-4
There are different ways to resolve the error code 30180 4. The most common solutions amongst them are listed below.
- Try installing office using the offline installer
If you are using an online installer for the office 365, the error might be caused due to firewall or some proxy setting. As a quick solution, use the Office offline installer to get an error-free installation.
- Switch between your internet connection:
One of the major reason behind the error 30180 4 is related to the internet. Try switching between your network. Certain networks limit the accessibility that doesn’t allow office from installing. You can even try a wired connection instead of wireless and install the office again. To your surprise, this might actually help.
- Temporarily turn off your proxy settings:
The certain proxy setting of your browser can also mess with office installation. Try turning proxy settings to resolve the error 30180 4. Depending on your browser, there might be certain other proxy settings that you need to bypass. Here are the steps to help you with Microsoft Edge browser:
- Choose Setting from the Start menu.
- Select Network & Internet option from the Settings menu and navigate to the bottom of the options, then click on Proxy.
- You can choose from any of the two options. The Automatic proxy setup will automatically detect settings while the Manual proxy setup allows you to choose to use a proxy server.
- Try turning off the Firewall during installation:
Your system’s firewall can be one of the reasons behind this error. Follow the below steps to turn off the firewall.
- Click on the Start button and search for Firewall & network protection.
- Select the network profile.
- Under the option Turn Firewall On or Wall, select On.
If this works for you, you’ll need to create an exception within the firewall to avoid any further issue. Under the Firewall & network protection option, select Allow an app through the firewall and add Microsoft Office programs in the app list. This will help you turn back on the firewall for security purposes while enjoying the Office application.
- Disable your Antivirus:
If the above solutions don’t work, try disabling the antivirus to help you with the installation error. Depending on the antivirus application installed in your system, the steps to disable those might differ. Look for the instruction in their official websites to help you with the process.
The above solutions will probably help you fix the Uninstall Error Code 30180-4 and let you install Microsoft Office 2016 without any further issue. If by any chance it didn’t work, you can contact us over email to get an extended support. Alternatively, you can try contacting the official support persons on call or visit the official Microsoft Support website.