Resolving error code 30088 26
Microsoft Office is an important program that every one of us has used once in a while. But while installing or updating the Office, you might sometimes end up with the Error code 30088 26. This error can affect different Office Products such as MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Access, Outlook, OneNote, Excel, and Publisher.
What are the reasons behind the Error 30088-26?
Your system might be throwing up this error due to various reasons. The major amongst those include:
- Your office files are corrupt or missing.
- Missing DLL (Dynamic Link Library) can also lead to this error.
- Improper installation of the Office program.
- Proxy and firewall settings blocking some of the installation/update features.
Steps to Fix the Error Code 30088-26
Here is a quick fix to your problem. Follow them in the mentioned order to go ahead with an error-free office installation.
- Try repairing the Office:
Among different ways to deal with the office error, inbuilt repair option is the quickest and most effective one.
- Select Start > Add or remove programs.
- Search for Microsoft Office program that is causing the error 30088 26.
- Click on the Modify option.
- Select the option that says Repair.
- Confirm for the repair process to begin.
- Wait for the process to end.
- Try running/updating the Office program again to check if the error has been resolved.
If the issues stick remains unsolved, go ahead with the next step.
- Register DLL dependencies:
One of the other possible causes for the error code 30088 26 can be the missing DLL (Dynamic Link Library). Try the below steps to fix it.
- Press Win + R to open the Run window.
- Type regsvr32 Officestart.dll in the Open input box.
- Press Ok to confirm.
- Disable the FIrewall and ANtivirus for some time:
Despite the fact that antivirus and firewall are meant for your safety purpose against any harmful program, it can sometimes cause conflicts with the installation process of different application. Microsoft error code 30088-26 can also be caused due to governing rules of your antivirus or the windows defender.
- Open up the Windows Defender settings and navigate to the Firewall option.
- In the settings window, select Private network, and then click on Turn Off.
- Similarly, turn off the firewall settings for the Public networks.
- Next, open up the control panel of any third party antivirus program and disable them momentarily.
Not that this makes your system potentially vulnerable to external threats. As a security measure, re-enable these settings as soon as you are done with the installation/update process.
- Try Reinstalling the program:
One of the simplest fixes is to uninstall the Office completely and try reinstalling it. To your surprise, this works for many users. You either uninstall it manually or use the official Uninstall tool to help you remove any traces of the corrupt version of Office.
To uninstall it manually, follow the below steps:
- Open up the Control Panel
- Navigate to Program > Programs and Features
- Select the Microsoft Office product that is causing the error.
- Click on Uninstall/Remove
- Click Ok to confirm.
By now, the error code 30088 26 should have resolved. If it still persists, try contacting the official Microsoft support for further help. You can also reach to our extended support team to help you with your problem concerned with Microsoft Office suite.