Resolving MS Office Error Code 30016 4
Microsoft Office Error code 30016-4 can occur while you are installing, upgrading, launching, or even uninstalling the Office 365, Office 2013 and Office 2016. There can be various reasons for this error such as firewall rules, network conflicts, system file error, or window installer error.
Here are a few quick steps to help you resolve the error code 30016 4 and work seamlessly with Microsoft Office applications.
- System File Checking (SFC) Scan:
The advanced mechanism of the system file checker helps you check and verify any missing or corrupted files in the OS. Follow the below steps to allow the windows to scan the missing or corrupted files and restore them.
- Open up the Command Prompt with admin privileges.
- Type ‘SFC /SCANNOW’ and hit enter.
- The scan shall begin automatically.
Disabling Firewall and Antivirus with an added exception:
This error code may be encountered in case of installing or updating the Microsoft application. In such a case, the firewall and network restrictions could be a cause. There can be various reasons for this error such as firewall rules, network conflicts, system file error, or window installer error. Thus, to resolve the issue, you should try disabling your firewall and antivirus temporarily. If yes, you can try creating an exception for Microsoft Office programs to avoid any further issues.
Disabling the Firewall:
- Click on Start and open up the Control Panel.
- Navigate to Windows Firewall.
- In the left panel, click on the option which says Turn Windows firewall OFF or ON.
- Turn OFF the Firewall.
- Once done, check if the error code 30016-4 is fixed. If yes, you can try creating an exception for Microsoft Office programs to avoid any further issues.
- Navigate to Windows Firewall.
- Select Allow an app through a firewall.
- Browse through the list of apps to select the relevant Microsoft application.
Disabling the Antivirus:
If your system is protected via a third-party antivirus program, you should consider disabling it to install or upgrade the Office. Visit the antivirus vendor’s website to learn more about the process.
- Rebuilt/Repair Office Registry keys:
The above-mentioned error may also occur in case of registry corruptions or wrong values. There can be various reasons for this error such as firewall rules, network conflicts, system file error, or window installer error. Check for these values to ensure that there is no change in the registry files.
- Search for Regedit and run the command.
- Check for the default values set in
- In case the default key in Office common registry is set to 1 or 0, delete it and click OK.
- Reinstalling the latest release:
It may be the case that the previous version of the Office is not allowing to install or upgrade into the newer one. In such a scenario, try uninstalling the older version first, then install the new version of Office. There can be various reasons for this error such as firewall rules, network conflicts, system file error, or window installer error.
- Open Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Select the option Programs and Features.
- Scroll through the program list and select Microsoft Office.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Next, browse through the File Manager and delete any residual files related to Microsoft Office.
- Once done, try installing the latest release of the Office.
We hope that the above-stated methods would have resolved the error 30016 4. In case the problem persists, try contacting the official Microsoft customer care for better support.